Killarney Lodge – Algonquin Park Stewardship
All of us at Killarney Lodge feel blessed to be located in some of North America’s most pristine and beautiful wilderness. We do our utmost to honour this privilege by being responsible stewards of the land, water and air surrounding us. We continue finding ways to make our footprint here lighter and smaller. Our guests join us in keeping the Lodge and Algonquin Park secure for generations of future visitors to enjoy.
- We recycle, reduce and reuse all we can!
- Glass, metals, plastics and papers sorted and taken to the Park’s recycling station.
- We installed high efficiency machines in our laundry facilities.
- Organic fair trade coffee and sugar now in our dining room.
- Our staff car pool to and from the Lodge.
- Efficiency updates on all our renovations.
Our community commitment extends to giving gently used bath and bed linens to the local women’s shelter Chrysalis, donating and supporting the not-for-profit organisations of Friends of Algonquin Park and Algonquin Eco Watch. We also support the Quetico Foundation,Huntsville Animal Shelter and the Ontario Canoe Museum.